Monday, March 28, 2016

Modern Touches in the Foyer

Hello everyone!

How was your Easter weekend?  Mine was good except the weather could've been better.  It was a little chilly and rained most of the time.  But, I still enjoyed time with my family and woke up to a beautiful Monday morning.  It is sunny and very nice out today.  It's amazing what that can do for my mood!  

I wanted to share some changes that I made to my foyer since I last shared it with you.  I've been enjoying bringing in some modern textiles to my home lately.  I'm liking the mix of modern with European and farmhouse styles.  I think it keeps it feeling fresh and interesting.  

This is the view that you see when you come into my house.





Here are some of the modern textiles I've added to the foyer.


The black and white rug and pillows make a bold statement but also blend well with the rest of the house.  The rug is from H&M (a favorite of mine for good quality and low prices) and the black and white pillow is from Tuesday morning.  The white fur pillows are from Target. 

Even though it's Spring, I still like the fur pillows. I like the texture they add.


The painted chest of drawers stands out against the white walls.  I added an urn (that I painted white) and my maiden hair fern to it.  My Santos doll was moved down from my bedroom and into this space to add some European flair.



I looked up how to care for a maiden hair fern so I wouldn't kill it.  They say to mist it daily and give it plenty of indirect sunlight.  Also, not to move it very often.  It's referred to as a "diva" of plants.  Hmmmmm........there can only be one diva in this house.  But, I will try to pamper it nonetheless.  I don't want it to die on me!  


Here is the view looking into the foyer from my family room.



We have a 2-story foyer (which is good and bad).  I like how spacious it feels when you enter, but have you ever tried dusting the chandelier in one of those?  Very difficult.  I won't bother showing you all the little cob webs that really need to be cleaned out either.  We will have to hire someone to repaint the ceiling in there too.  That's on our "to do" list one day.  

Hope you all have a great Monday.  

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~


22 comments:

Debby said...

Your home looks really nice. I like the gray and black touches.

Eilis said...

The fern in the white urn is stunning. Love your whole entrance.

Stacey said...

Beautiful Kelly! I love how light and bright everything is.

I have a couple of faux maiden hair ferns. Love them and they aren't quite so diva-ish but they aren't as wonderful as the real thing. :)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Looking good. Yes, the high ceilings certainly have a con to them.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your modern pieces go well in your décor Kelly. I love the fern.

Little Farmstead said...

Such a pretty entry way Kelly!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Beautiful! Love the Santos doll and urn with the fern! ~Rhonda

Unknown said...

What a beautiful mix of styles Kelly! You make it look effortless.
I laughed about your new fern not liking to be moved about. I know your like me and like to shuffle things around! I guess it's one thing with a permanent spot.lol
We have sunshine here too!! Yay

Deserae said...

Very pretty! Love those white fur pillows......
~Des

Ron said...

It looks so welcoming. I enjoy how bright your foyer is. I agree that the tall ceilings can be a con.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Such nice touches to the foyer! I love that mirror by the front door too. Oh, how I love those ferns as well! So pretty and airy!

JoAnne said...

It's all so pretty, Kelly. Very bright and airy and I love your sweet fern.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

I absolutely adore your foyer (and your home)! I know what you mean about the fur pillows. I don't think I'd get rid of them either. Sometimes texture trumps seasons ;).

As for the fern...well, I've been known to kill that particular kind. No way would I mist something everyday. Give me a plain ol philodendron any day. Lol

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your entryway is so bright and spacious and the black and white accents tie nicely into the rest of your home, Kelly. I hope you like your maidenhair fern right where it is! I killed a few outdoor plants by moving them one too many times. It looks like you're ready for spring and even the weather is cooperating!

Maria Elena said...

Love, love your entryway. So fresh and pretty. xxx Maria

Suzanne said...

Everything looks lovely! So fresh and bright and open! You certainly have the touch. Glad your weather has improved.

Scribbler said...

Pretty pretty!I love your furry pillows. Our Target never seems to have such fun things. Thanks for reminding me of the maidenhair ferns. I have a little planter I want to use in my entry, and I have been trying to decide what to put in it. The last one I had, I killed it because I thought those dark dots on the underside of the leaves were bugs. The lady at the nursery told me they were spores which is what makes the fern grow! Live and learn...

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your pretty entryway and the furry pillows. I'm sad...our Target store closed this past January and the closest one now is 20 to 30 minutes away.
~Cindy

Christine at Little Brags said...

Kelly, I am diggin that rug.......it has that Moroccan touch I luv!!!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kelly, I love the changes to your foyer and the santos is fabulous!

Linda said...

Looking good! Love that large Santos doll....

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

I love how your foyer just keeps evolving into something better and better! Love the modern textile touches - they really to change the look of your foyer, which is beautiful!