Monday, December 12, 2016

New Kitchen Chairs

Hello everyone!  

Take a deep breath................because this is not a Christmas related post!  I know that is all you see out there right now, but I just wanted to share something with you that is not related to Christmas decor for a moment.  I recently got these new Madeleine chairs from Restoration Hardware.  I am using them at my kitchen table (which also came from there many years ago).  



I bought them in the weathered oak finish with padded seats.  They are a good match for my table.  I decided to add some slipcovered dining chairs at the ends.  Now, I can seat 6 at my table!


The chairs that were in here before, have now been moved to the dining room.  I've been playing musical chairs lately.  


I used one of my dining room chairs at my secretary and stored the other one in my basement.  So, now I have NO shortage of chairs..............ever!  I like how they all work together at each table.  So, I can change up the look if I ever decide to.  Of course, my husband thought I was going to sell some of my old ones.  Doesn't he know me by now?!  I just couldn't part with them since I love all of them.  And I can now seat 6 in my kitchen and 6 in my dining room.  If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen my dining room with the other chairs.  


For Christmas, I hung a simple white pom pom wreath on the window in here and that was it. 

  Now, I need to have people over to try them out!   

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~ 

16 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

They look great Kelly!

NanaDiana said...

Very nice. Kelly. Are they comfortable? They sure LOOK good! xo Diana

Brenda Pruitt said...

Love your chairs, Kelly! Surely he knows better by now.
Brenda

Ron said...

I have the same chairs for the dining table. They are comfortable too.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I adore your new chairs Kelly! I love the weathered wood finish and the warmth they add to your kitchen.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Lovely new chairs! It's nice to have seating for that many people and it's great that you can switch the chairs out at different tables and they all flow together perfectly. Oh how I wish I had a basement for all that storage. :)

Linda said...

They look wonderful! I loved the slipcovered ones at the ends, too!!
Now! I guess you're up for entertaining lots of people to sit in them!!

Deserae said...

Love your new chair....they look great!!!
Your pom pom wreath is adorable :o)
~Des

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Hi Kelly! The finish on your new chairs - beautiful! They are a beautiful addition. Jane

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

They have a lovely patina and go so nicely with your table Kelly.

In one of the photos it looked like your watermark was actually on the wall in your home! I thought 'what a great idea'!. Lol

This N That said...

They look great Kelly..good choice.You'll have to have a whole gang over to fill them..

chateau chic said...

Love your new chairs, Kelly. I like how you've mixed in two of your slipcovered ones at each end.
Mary Alice

Debra said...

Love the look. And with the quality, they will last so long. Plus you can never have enough chairs, right? It looks terrific.

Eilis said...

Your new chairs are perfect! Enjoy.

Katie Mansfield said...

I need to pick up one more Parson's chair for Christmas dinner. It is wonderful to have the correct amount of chairs. These are adorable.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love your new chairs! I have some that same style, but my seats are cane.I think padded would be more comfy! I use mine in the kitchen and I trade them out for my metal tolex style chairs or sometimes use a combo of both! No shortage at my house either. lol